Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Night in Chimayo

After leaving Truchas I stopped in Chimayo for dinner and spent the night at the Rancho de Chimayo Hacienda.  The inn sits on the hill across the street from the restaurant - same owners.  Compared to the Inn in Taos that I had stayed at - this place was a gem.  The room was large and open, uncluttered with high ceilings.  All of the rooms open to a beautiful garden area where you can enjoy your breakfast.  With no internet or tv, it is a relaxing and quiet place to stay. When I went to bed I discovered that I had left my favorite pillow at the inn in Taos - I debated all night about driving back up or just buying a new pillow.  Since I wanted to go back up to photograph the church at Las Trampas, I figured I could make it back to Taos and still get to Santa Fe before dark.
Garden Courtyard at the Hacienda de Chimayo

Room Cuatro at the Hacienda

Rancho de Chimayo Hacienda

Rancho de Chimayo Restaurant

At the hacienda, Connie welcomed me and had a sweet and gentle spirit.  She called me after I checked out in the morning and had left to let me know I had left my luggage - yikes - good thing I was just down the road at the Santuario.  Hmm, time to pay more attention to where I am leaving things on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment