Saturday, June 29, 2013

Finding Truchas

"Taos Afternoon" - Trish Booth
"Kiva Ladder" - Trish Booth

I had driven the High Road from Santa Fe to Taos in the past and Truchas was one of those towns that always lived in the back of my mind.  I found the work of Trish Booth on Facebook and invited her to participate in the project.  I was drawn to the vivid colors and southwest landscapes that she was painting.  I met Trish and her artist husband at their home/gallery in Truchas and we spent time in her studio and additionally I was given a tour of their home.  Trish will be a featured artist in the Southwest Art Studios project.  Stay tuned.


Ghost Pony Gallery & Studio - Trish Booth - Truchas, NM
Truchas Market

"Camino de la Sociodad" - Sally Delap-John
After visiting with Trish I was able to stop in a few other galleries in town and met with Sally Delap-John in her home/studio/gallery.  Sally is a plein air painter and I found her vibrant loose painting style of the southwest landscapes and architecture of the High Road towns to be exciting.



No comments:

Post a Comment