Thursday, June 27, 2013

Earthships

During my time in Taos my new friend Loretta and I took a little road trip out to the Greater World Earthship  Community.  I have wanted to see this place for years.  Michael Reynolds, the architect/builder and founder is brilliant.  I saw his dvd "Garbage Warrior" years ago and found it so moving it brought me to tears.  Again, as I told Loretta about the dvd, I was brought to tears.  Of course, I have to share with you as well.  If you ever have a chance to see this place, you will be inspired.

When we arrived we saw Michael walking away from the visitors center and we thought it was closed.  We wandered for a few minutes and then discovered it was in fact open.  The architecture is amazing but the sustainability in design and life inside the structures is genius!

I also discovered that you can rent one of the properties for a night or few - definitely on my list for my next visit to the Taos area.

How cool would it be to live in one of these!



 

1 comment:

  1. The Earth Ship Community has some amazing living spaces.

    ReplyDelete